Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 42

Sitting in the airport.



On Thursday I hopped on a plane and made my way back to New York. I spent all of Friday chaotically getting ready for my Darling's Surprise Party and when he came home early, ran upstairs and tried to hide the mess I had been making while baking cookies in the kitchen. Luckily he just thought it was his housemate attempting to bake cookies. He was completely surprised and it couldn't have been better.

Spent that evening catching up with all the wonderful people who came to the party (let's face it, there wouldn't have been a party without them, so thank you all very much!). Saturday, Darling and I joined my parents at my grandparents house for a wonderful barbeque, then proceeded to see my sister's show at SUNY Ulster. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was amazing and I highly recommend it to any and all who can see it. We left the show with Lani and Kevin, and went to the diner for a quick bite to eat.

And now it is Sunday and I'm in the airport waiting for my flight. It's been a whirlwind of a weekend, but it's been a great one.

It's strange coming home after 6 weeks to see how unchanged some things are. Other things, however, have changed a great deal. My bedroom is still mine, but it's been rearranged and there's something about it that makes it feel slightly odd. Olivia will always be the my younger sister, and yet she's grown up so much. I've watched it happen over the years, yet somehow in the past six weeks I missed something. Be it her birthday, or her losing her braces, I don't know. She's definitely more of a woman now tho. She's beautiful.

I try not to talk too much about my personal life on this blog. It's intended to be here for people as an informational source on life working at Disney and living in Orlando, however I can't help but spend just a few moments addressing my wonderful relationship with Darling.

We weren't certain how we would fare under the pressures of a long distance relationship. We approached the situation more than cautiously. The first week was definitely hardest. Acclimating to the new environment and trying to realize that I wouldn't be seeing him in person for some time. But every nite we skype. On my days off we IM during the day. I'll text him when I'm bored at work, and every now and then he sends me just a little "Hi :)." I couldn't stand not seeing him for another 6 weeks tho, not when he's been this wonderful to me. So I decided to come down this weekend and while I was here, host a surprise party for him in honour of his 25th birthday. I'm glad he enjoyed it, and I'm so glad that I came. Now it's only 6 weeks until we see each other once again, and knowing that we've already gone that long once makes it just that much easier. So thank you Darling, for everything you've done. You've been a comfort to me even when you weren't here to hold me and kiss me good nite.

Point is, for those of you coming who are wondering how on earth you're going to be able to do the long distance relationship, this is my advice- Relax. Don't panic and worry yourselves out of a relationship before you've even tried it. It's do-able if both people are willing to make it work. And remember, just be happy :) . It helps more than you'd think.

It's strange to me how Orlando seems like a second home already. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to live there. But it's somewhere I feel comfortable now. The people, the environment, the atmosphere. It's in my blood now.

My schedule has become less chaotic to me now. This past week and this week coming have similar shifts for three to four days in a row.

Jesse will pick me up from the airport and I'm hoping we'll go out and have some bonding time ^_^

I love my Orlando family! See you all in a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment