Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 9

My, oh my. So much has been happening. Training began on Saturday and it's been a whirlwind of fun and learning. So much information has been thrown at us at once it's hard to know where to start.

I suppose most of it isn't share-able, either due to its content or it just simply isn't interesting enough, but i'll do my best.

During my days off we saw the Electrical Light Parade and the Nightastic Fireworks.





Then we began with our first day of Training on Saturday. Most of the day was taken up with getting to know each other, doing computer lectures, and the like. We played a game similar to "The Price is Right" which involved us guessing prices of costume pieces. DId you know that Minnie Mouse's classic yellow shoes are worth $610? And they are the cheapest?!? Her shoe collection is worth more than Sarah Jessica Parker's! After this, we did get to begin to work with partial costume, Heads and feet. VERY strange.

Day two of training consisted of similar activities except we were in full costume this time. We stayed indoors and practiced "sets," which is onstage time with guests. Interacting with them, doing autographs, taking pictures/posing with guests, &c. It was a GREAT learning experience.

Day three of training I became VERY good friends with Minnie Mouse. We went and greeted guests up at Epcot, which was sooo much fun. Through the sweat and the heat and more sweat, I still managed to find myself smiling most of the time. One little girl ran up to Minnie carrying a Minnie Mouse doll! It was wonderful to see and enjoy with her.

Today, day four of training, we put together our costumes at Hollywood Studios. We then did warm ups and then did a tour of the Entertainment department at Magic Kingdom. After this we made our way to Epcot where my friend Stitch and I greeted guests during three separate sets. Even through the rain and the following humidity, it was a blast.

Friday, which will be day five of training, the last day of training, we will be doing an "assessment" to help the trainers gage how ready we are to perform. It's a bit nerve-racking, but thankfully I have two days off. Saturday will be our first day sans trainers. I think everyone in my group is a little freaked about that.

That's all for now. I'm going to get back to reading (Harry Potter, Book 2. Finished Book 1 yesterday).

Hope you're all having a magical time out there!

Love and Kisses,
Your Pal Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment